Monday, July 23, 2012

It's time for INDIE GAME MONDAY!!!
(Or: How I Forgot to Post on Sunday....)
The game I have for you today is Outsmart! 



Anneite at the University

Outsmart! is an in-browser strategy game. You play as Anneite, a driven girl who happens to be married to an unmotivated man, Robme. After being told by his parents that he needs to raise 50k, it's your job as Robme's girlfriend to motivate him to make that money. Anneite has three skill levels, Charisma, Intelligence, and Lovability, that the player can raise and lower. For example, a making Robme work increase your money total but lowers his love for you. Each  skill opens new activities for her to do and impact Robme's work ethic differently. The game allows for players exploit different options the three skills have to offer, giving each player the ability to tailor their experience to their own liking.The characters are charming and the art style suits the writing perfectly. Typically I'm not a fan of 8 bar soundtracks in games, but with how catchy the pop beat is, I can make an exception. I even found myself bopping my head to the beat more than once. The whole game takes about 20-45 minutes to play, depending on how quick you find your grove.  The game can be found here and was created by "stellarnull" and "hipon".




Raising skills in Outsmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment